Wednesday, August 24, 2011

3 days in 1 post.

warning: i love lowercase letters (thank you debra g.)

if you're reading this then you are a) bored or b) somewhat interested in my life. hopefully most of you chose b). well as you all know this year I am starting my student teaching! this is an exciting, scary, amazing, and emotional time in my life. so of course I decided to blog about it :)

just to give you a little background of what all UNT requires of me during the next 9 months... student teaching is split into 2 semesters, PDS (professional development school) 1 and PDS 2. during PDS 1 I will be at my elementary school on Mondays and Tuesdays observing and doing small tasks with students. Wednesdays and Thursdays I will be on campus at UNT taking 12 hours of method courses. This is where we will learn 'how to teach' each subject. after Christmas I will start PDS 2 where I will be in the classroom Monday-Friday teaching. during PDS 2 I will only go on campus once a month for a class. confusing huh?!

here we go!


this is my WONDERFUL mentor teacher and I at meet the teacher night! I will be with her for 7 weeks and then I rotate to 5th grade for 7 more weeks!


first day of school picture :) dad and I both started school on Monday! my first day of student teaching was unbelievable, exhausting, interesting, and amazing! It was very surreal to hear 22 second graders say Ms. Stanford!!


2nd day of school!! we jumped right into the curriculum! I even got to read 2 books to the students (doesn't sound like a big deal but it was!) if you know me then you know how red I turn in the littlest situations.. well I did not turn one shade of red during my read aloud! woohoo!

well I'm sure I have overwhelmed you with information and pictures! I hope to blog at least everyday during this exciting journey I am experiencing!




No comments:

Post a Comment